Tag: domain buying tips
Tips for Buying a Domain Name for Your Online Presence
Are you establishing an online business? Whether you are opting to open up an e-commerce store or a simple blogging website, choosing the perfect domain name is one of the most important decisions. The best domain name for your online presence is vital. It will help the audience acknowledge your online business presence. A domain name is crucial for your online success –both in terms of the target audience & search engines at the same time.
If you wish to set up your own online business, you must be aware of the tips to come up with the best domain names for your website. Here are some pro tips to help you in choosing the perfect domain name:
- Do Your Research: A little research can help significantly in coming up with the most suitable domain name for your online presence. Look out for sites offering similar products & services and observe how they have set the domain name. Check out your competitor’s domain names. You can also make use of online tools like Media Temple to help you search for the right keywords or domain names.
- Select Easy Domain Names: You should aim at buying domain names that are easy to type & remember. Even when you are looking to optimize your site for the leading search engines, you would still like to have a domain name that people find it easy to remember & type. Avoid mistakes like spelling errors, multiple uses of hyphens or other characters, and so on. You should also avoid making use of words that tend to have more than one spelling. This could confuse the online visitors and you could lose some of them eventually.
- Avoid Slang Terms: Try avoiding slang strictly and pick a term or name that will be valid for another 10 years in the row. This will help the domain name in being understood by a large group of target audience and remembered by even non-native speakers.
- Do Not Purchase Trademarked Domains: If you aim at buying a trademarked domain name for confusing the target audience, you could end up yourself having a major complaint filed against your business. Thus, you might have to give up the particular domain name. To remain on the safe end, look out for trademarked domain names and make sure that no other business owns the trademark that you wish to go for.
- Avoid Buying Domains Similar to Some Existing Site: Even if the given domain name has not been trademarked, you should avoid buying domain names that might appear similar to the domain name of some other site. As an alternative, you can consider buying all the variations for the given domain name for yourself and redirecting them on your site.
Look out for the tips to set up the domain name for your online business effectively. By choosing a proper domain name, you can ensure maximum traffic to your site and increased ROI in the long run! Don’t forget that you need to host the domain using a reliable hosting provider such as Zen Hosting in Australia, they provide cheap web hosting without compromise!Read More »